Saturday, July 21, 2007

some of my favorites

I just wanted to add a few of my favorite pictures of the baby girl for friends and family to see.



This was from Easter Sunday...the first weekend after we started caring for her.This was from one morning when I had to get her up so I could go to work. I love her hands behind her head and her feet crossed.

(This pic will be back shortly.)

She loves eating and does a great job of feeding herself bite sized foods.

(This pic will be back shortly.)


My mom and dad's beagle also loves eating and is paying close attention in case there is anything left over.

(This pic will be back shortly.)


She just looks so happy and content!


This picture was taken at camp, within minutes after she took her first full step.

She thought the slide was really fun. She actually even climbed up the whole thing backwards. (I, of course, had my hands right behind her in case she needed help, but she didn't.)

She looks so studious in this picture. Just studying the book.

And this is her first experience with sand. She even tried tasting it and didn't find it to her liking.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who snoops in the blog world:)

I'm also glad you posted your comment...you guys are in a really tough situation. On one hand, you're falling in love with this little girl, on the other, she isn't yours yet, and may never be. And I thought God was stretching our faith!

Growing up there was a dear family in my church who had 6 biological children and decided to do foster care. They got a 2 week old crack baby who was on breathing machines and had to sleep in a mist tent. They were told they would care for him for a few weeks.

Nearly 2 years later, he was still with them, but healthy and happy. They got up and walked with him every 2 hours for the first year of his life because he was so fitful. His birthmom was still in the process of court, etc...I'm sure you know much better than I do. But this family then petitioned to adopt David and it went to the courts. We all prayed and thought surely God would allow this sweet little guy to stay with this amazing family who had loved and bled for him...not give him back to his 17 year old barely-crack-free birthmom. But He didn't. After 2 years...David was gone. They were heartbroken.

But when you ask them about it now, years later, they say that while they don't pretend to understand what God was up to, they feel assurance that God wanted them to love David for those 2 years. Love him like he was their 7th child...not with a holding-back-so-my-heart-doesn't-get-broken love. And they look back without regret because they did. And they still pray for this little boy (who by now is a teenager) every day. They know God has a plan for him and they feel blessed to have been a small part of it.

You guys will definitely be in our prayers. And I'd love to chat more on the subject!

Krisbby said...

So, we should figure out a time to get together...are you listed in the phone book? Or, I could talk to my cousin for your #. Will you be teaching in the fall?

Thanks for sharing that story (even though it is really sad). I know that God has a plan and a purpose in mind and I know that we need to trust Him. Thank you for your prayers!