Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween

Now, this is a holiday that can be hard to decide what to do with. I realize that there is certainly a group who values this as a religious holiday, yet most think of it has just a fun day to dress up and eat candy. This is the first year that I have had any children for the holiday. So, with the new little one being so, well, little, we just stayed in. But we did a few fun things, one of which I think I may make into a Halloween tradition. We dressed the older girl in an elephant costume and took a few pictures, ran over to the neighbor's house so she could "trick or treat", and then came back here to pass out candy. In between candy passing, we made cookies. The cookies are the part that I am thinking of making a tradition. We made candy corn looking shortbread cookies. I am such a sucker for shortbread! I think that the next time I make them they will look a little more like they are supposed to...but in the meantime, these looked fairly cute and tasted really yummy. Here are some pictures of the cookies as well as the very cute little girl elephant.

They might not be shaped right, but at least they taste right.
The trunk hung down over her face, so I helped hold it up.
A picture with papa. This is how she looked most of the night while helping to pass out candy.

Sorry, no pictures of the littlest one, though I have a little story. I was feeding the baby a bottle when a couple cute little kids knocked on the door, so I set the baby down and gave out candy...the little boy said, "I know you have a baby...she's cute." So the baby got noticed on her first halloween.

3 comments:

la femme elisabeth said...

My eyes welled up and I am so happy for you all--what a joy to be able to care for two beautiful little girls and to make such a difference in their lives. You are wonderful people. Never think otherwise! :) Can I put a link from my blog to yours or would you rather it stay more private? Great to catch up. --(elisa)beth

Krisbby said...

Yes, you may put a link from your blog to mine. Thank you for sharing in our joy! We certainly feel blessed.

michelle said...

So I think its funny that you said "this is the first year that I have had any children for the holiday"...in that, children is plural. Zero to two in less then a year. I love that. And you do too, but probably more on the days when you've slept the night previous.