Saturday, December 15, 2007

Rejoicing

We recently learned that Joy's birth father is currently planning to voluntarily relinquish his rights. This is huge. We have been praying for God's will and His direction in what is best for Joy and are trusting that this is part of His plan. We still don't know if we will be able to adopt her, but things are certainly looking possible. I wouldn't say probable, simply because so much can happen. But, oh, how encouraging to not have great barriers at this point. We must keep trusting God and His plan.

This year as my birthday and as Christmas approach, I must say that I have a gift that I have longed for for many years...I have 2 little girls under my care. Not only are they under my care, but I am mama to each of them. Right now I know that there is some legal risk with each of them, but oh, what an amazing gift. Jesus came to us in the form of a human baby and Mary pondered all these things in her heart. I have been trying to ponder these two and store up precious memories of them. I am amazed at the way God is answering this heart's desire of mine. I mean we would have been thankful to have one little one in our home this Christmas (last year we really believed we would have a child in our home by this Christmas) but to have TWO is incredible! It makes me want to shout for joy and cry with gratefulness! Praise be to the God and father of our Lord Jesus Christ who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing and is blessing us with earthly blessings as well.

They very much remind me of the hope and ultimately joy that became available to us at Christmas time. May you sense that same hope and joy this Christmas season.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Krisbby said...

I would love to chat with you as well. After the holidays, lets figure out a way to make that happen.